No! It is done in tent stitch. With a technique I haven't tried before. Cool. You outline each part with a dark thread then fill in with tent stitch. I want to try it. I didn't know that they didn't have charts back in the 17 hundreds and so this is the way they stitched. Who thought up charts anyway? Then there is a second project to do. A tiny glove with a stitched cuff. The glove part is made out of ultrasuede. I can't wait to try that too. I haven't finished with my little experimental bug. This lesson gives me more ideas on ways to finish it.
I got distracted yesterday. There are several CA Wells kits on ebay (be still my heart) so she is on my mind. I happen to be looking through some of the patterns that I have of hers and came across the Ring of Roses. I thought, I should try that for the cartouche for the retreat (next week!!) The pattern calls for Soie d'Alger silk. So I went looking on the internet for a conversion chart to DMC as I don't have many skeins of that silk. I even looked up how to pronounce "Soie d'Alger": swah -doll- zhay. So then I had to go looking for floss. That is always frustrating, trying to find the color I am looking for. So finally I got started. I didn't measure what size it is going to be. I cut a piece of 32 Sandstone to try it on. So far, so good. It is a little smaller than the original cartouche design. But we will see how it turns out.
I put in one flower in the basket of Flowers of the Needle. I didn't get very far yesterday.
The bathrooms are clean and I'm ready to party.