There are many over-dyed flosses that I just love the colors in them. However, stitched up they don't look that great. So it was with trepidation that I took Gloriana's Cottage Woods silk floss and stitched up the inside of a rose on Briar Rose. I knew I wouldn't want to take it out if it looked funky. Over one stitching is such a bear to take out. I think I like how it turned out. It looks sort of like stained glass. It's like each petal is a different color. Now I have to figure out how to balance out the colors. Maybe one stained glass rose on each side.
Here is a finished strawberry. The cording turned out nice and tight.
I am working on the bottom section of Beautiful. I am trying to use the same colors I used in the top section so that it goes together. I took a photo of it next to a yardstick so you can see how long it is. The fabric is 33 1/2 inches long.
Things to be thankful for:
I am not at the DMV renewing my driver's license. (DH is)
I don't have to cook tonight (Noodles & Company instead)
Exercise class is over for today (I'm recovering from being red-faced and sweaty)
I made it to the top of Mute But Not Silent. It will be possible to finish it in this century.
Have a great day!