Tuesday, July 24, 2012

No More Buttonholes

I've been to the bakery today.  It was so fun.  Banana cake, cinnamon rolls, cookies.  I have so many yummy creations that I don't know what to eat first.  A cinnamon roll with my lunchtime yogurt sounds good.
A friend told me to try the brownie with cookie dough icing on it.


I finished the buttonholes on Beautiful.  Yeah! I must be terrible at counting since I have had three different totals for the number of buttonholes on the middle section.  Latest count is 54.  Now I can work on the lower third.  What is interesting is that the lower third is upside down, it faces the center section.  I ordered some threads from Stitching Bits and Bobs a few days ago and I wish I had them already.  They would be great for stitching this bottom section.  Since SBB always takes a month to get here, I will have to work with the threads I have. 14 days until I leave for retreat.
The buttonholes are hard to see.  This project is really hard to photograph.

I have spent some time fiddling with Printmaster and the Sandy Orton samplers I found in old magazines.  I am trying to print them out 16 stitches to the inch so I can see how they look on various parts of the casket.  If I cut out the design area of the casket templates, I can slide the sized samplers behind the cut out to see how it looks and how it fits.  There are several parts of several samplers that I think I can combine.  I have much more fiddling to do.  I'm getting anxious to try a section and see how everything works out.  I like the Sandy Orton samplers as they are challenging enough and pretty enough.


I am putting a blanket stitch around the edge of the top for one of the strawberries I stitched.  I really want to finish it off today.

We woke up to thunder early this morning.  The rain is very welcome in this part of the country.
A


1 comment:

  1. I'm working on my flowers now Amy! Four down and how many to go???

    I did not take the class for Beautiful, but I'm anxious to see what it looks like when it is finished. I can't imagine having to stitch so many button holes!

    ReplyDelete