Saturday, March 31, 2012

Two Cupcakes and a Candy Cane

What I got done yesterday was the finishing for the Bay of Evil kit. I am happy with how it turned out. It is cute!I I changed it just a little making the page a pocket. I didn't want to be able to see the back of the page (and let people see my messy stitching!) so I put interfacing on the back and sewed it on as a pocket. It is now safely sitting in my curio cabinet. I got a package yesterday but it was just the cable to connect my IPad to my TV so that I can watch stuff on a bigger screen than my IPad. But really, my IPad has such a perfect display that I don't mind watching Downton Abbey on it. I watched the second episode and enjoyed it very much. I got two cupcakes and a candy cane sewn on the Sugar Plum Fairy Stocking. Progress! I still have two candy pieces to put on the bottom. Late last night I got Part Two of the Amy Mitten Vierlande Winders' Keeper Tutorial. Cool. I read through it. The lessons provided online are clear and it will be great putting this together. I can see now what pieces need the backstitching so I will have to go back and do that. The first part of the finishing is putting on the interfacing. A few lessons haven't been posted yet. I can't start anyway since my kit hasn't arrived. It has been mailed so I know it is on it's way. Only 11 days until I leave for Spring Fling. That will be so fun! A

3 comments:

  1. Amy, love your bay of evil kit and your finish. Who is the designer? Looks like one I need to find. Have fun at Spring Fling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 days...can't wait! It will be lots of fun. Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely and delicate! Love how you've had it finished. Enjoy yourself at Spring Fling.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete