Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm trying to get back to stitching and get something done besides messing with this new toy. I'm learning lots about it though. Yesterday I put a book on it. It is so cool to be able to read on it. You can adjust the font size so it is easy to see. I had to find a book that wasn't already in a stack somewhere here so I chose "Defending Jacob". I read the first few pages and I think it will be a good read.
I finished the needle book to Mountain Flowers. It sure feels good to finish something. This project had been lying around for a while so now I can put it away. I have a magazine holder that I stick used charts in. It is kind of overflowing.
I appliqu├ęd the lollipop onto the Sugar Plum Fairy stocking and started the chain stitching on a gingerbread girl. I had it all chain stitched but then discovered that I should have used two strands of floss so I had to take it out and start over. The felt suffers when you take out stitching but I hope it will look okay when I'm done.
I got the gate done on the Bay of Evil kit. I'm still not sure if it is too dark or not. I really don't like it on 28 count. I'd like to try it on 32 count but there are so many other things I want to stitch. We'll see.
A

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Amy, you have been busy! Congratulations on the Mountain Flowers finish.Sugar Plum Fairy is coming along well - you have preparations for Christmas well underway. ha ha
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete