I got the felt stocking kit in the mail yesterday. I made stockings like this for my kids decades ago. I thought this might be cute for Claire and in the style of her dad's stocking. It has a lot of handwork on it. You start with putting on a bunch of beads and sequins. The other stocking pattern is a cross stitch design and should come in today's mail.
I made pretty good progress on the Vierlande Winders Keeper. I hope to be done with this pocket part today. I ordered the clamp tool that will be used in making the cording. I think it could be used when I make cording with my little mini drill too.
When I went to mentor Dylan yesterday I was disappointed to find that he wasn't at school. Some kids have to get themselves up and dressed and out to catch the bus all by themselves. Daylight savings time change can mess them up. I wonder if that is what happened.
A few more nun's stitches got put in and the needlebook is taking shape.
I watered down the brown paint before I put it on the small box and then textured it with a sandwich bag. I think it turned out better than the first one. I also kind-of antiqued the moon with a glaze of this watered down brown. Slow but sure, I'll get these painted. I also put some charcoal over the blue to make it darker like the original box.
I'd better get busy!