Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wednesday

On with my story... We had a lady take us around the main house. It started off with a short video.  There were only three of us in this tour and we could ask all kinds of questions.  The library was left the way it was when the owners lived there.  The rest of the house was set up as much older.    This is the stuff I got at the Agecroft Museum Shop:
I got a postcard of the embroidered portrait:


After we were done at the Agecroft Museum we started our drive down to Williamsburg.  We had a slight detour when we stopped to see a bead and rock shop in downtown Richmond.

We got to Williamsburg in the afternoon and went straight to Haus Tirol as we weren't sure when it closed and we didn't want to miss it.

 We saw several people we knew in there.  They have a lot of Barbara Jackson kits.  We always want the one they are out of.  Murphy's Law.  They had two trunk shows.  One from JBW designs and one from Carriage House.  It was fun to see all the models.  Here is what I bought:
See what self control I had?  I only bought a few things.
We went to check in at the resort.  Our rooms weren't ready so we decided to go look for a Pizza Hut.  BFF and I like to have a personal pan pizza every once in a while.  We were really hungry since we hadn't had lunch.  Boy, did that pizza hit the spot!

We are so lucky this year.

 We got rooms with a view of the James River.  Cool.  I love it!  The retreat starts tomorrow bright and early.  I am excited!
A

3 comments:

  1. Great and beautiful day.
    Wow it's a fantastic experience.
    Ciaoo Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash and postcard.
    I bet the embroidered one was beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete