Thursday, December 10, 2015

Early Bird Classes

When I go to a retreat, I usually take as many classes as I can to make it worth the trip.  I was delighted when I saw that I could take two Early Bird classes this year.  The first thing you have to do when you come to the retreat is to check in.  This is the desk where we check in:
You get an envelope with your name tag and coupons for daily gifts and the dinner and luncheon.  You get the daily itinerary.  The classes start and end at different times on different days so you really need this.
My first class is with Giulia Manfredini Cornali.  This is our classroom.  The chairs are really nice.

We are making a half doll called Patrizia.  The kit comes in this bag:
This is what is inside:

We just have the morning so much of the class is explaining the finishing of the doll.   She has a new way of doing it.  I really like the design and the porcelain doll.  This will be fun to make.
We go to one of the restaurants near the main building of the resort for lunch.  It is delicious.  I have Seafood Crepes and they are very good.
Now another class!  How did I get so lucky?  This afternoon I am taking Jackie Du Plessis's Simply Delightful.  It is a tray for the main project of Behold Thy Beauty.


The finishing looks pretty easy.  We did two hemstitches just so we could learn the differences.  So I didn't even start the project yet.  But I was glad to figure out the differences between Antique Hem Stitch and regular Hem stitch.
Two new kits, you would think that would be enough for one day.  But no!  The boutique opened just after our class ended.  There is always a long line to get in.  Everybody wants to see the stuff in the boutique.  There was a line for just scrims (vacuum cleaner attachments!)  I didn't buy any.  I saw a Jackie kit for the tray of One Moment in Time.  The wooden tray is just beautiful.  So I got that for Santa to give me.  (Santa has this so I can't show you)  I love this little bird cage kit.  I was so hoping I could snag one.  And I did!

More classes tomorrow!
A

2 comments:

  1. Oh my
    I love half doll project
    I knew Giulia Manfredini in Formigine show . It will be a very precious doll. Porcellane Capodimonte is very very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like some great classes you are taking.
    The Little birdcage looks interesting, can't wait to see this done up.
    Have fun!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete