Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Curly Hair

Harmony has some curly hair.

I'm a bit jealous as my hair is totally straight and I've spent too much time in my life trying to get it to curl.  I like the technique and thread Amy Mitten uses to get the curly effect.  I'm making progress on the hair.  It isn't done yet but it will be soon.  BFF#2 was here and we talked and talked.  It is so fun to share stitching with a person who can appreciate it.  I loved showing her all my ornaments.  She even took some photos.  After seeing some of my friend's works in progress, I am itching to do some actually cross stitch.  Maybe I'll have a chance to later today.

I bought a tiny matchbox size diorama when I was at the Benjamin Pollack Toy Shop in Covent Garden.  It has been just sitting around for a while and I decided to put it together.  This is how it looks all done.
It's the Pied Piper of Hamelin.
I glued a couple of the pieces in place so they would be more stable and stay where they are supposed to be.

I made some cookies that I saw on pinterest.  They are very good.
They are shortbread cookies with marachino cherries and a Hershey's kiss.

It was wonderfully warm to go walking this morning.  Love it.
A


4 comments: