Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Progress

Today's progress report:
Birth Announcement : almost done.  Just the bottom border and a few fish.  I can finish this today.  Yeah!

Spring Casket Keepsakes:  Some couching got done but lots more to do.

I went shopping this morning.  I got a hairbrained idea.  Dylan's birthday is coming up and at the end of this school year he goes onto middle school and I won't be his mentor any more.  So I want to make him a quilt.  I sat by a lady in the airport in Minneapolis that was telling me about jelly roll race quilts.  So I watched a video by Missouri Quilt Company on YouTube about how to make a jelly roll race quilt.  It looked so easy.  I had a Kaffe Fassett jelly roll but I already sewed parts of it together.  So I went looking for a jelly roll of fabrics fit for a soon-to-be 12 year old boy.

I got a jelly roll of African batik fabrics, material for the backing and batting for the inside. ( I should have just bought a quilt!)  I want Dylan to have something I made that is just for him and that he can keep and remember.  Now I have to get busy!
A

1 comment:

  1. That quilt is going to be pretty!
    What a lucky guy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete