Sunday, April 20, 2014

Green

The word of the day is green.
Here I am with the quilt:

 ready to quilt the top and bind the edges.  I've washed and ironed the top and backing.  I've watched a couple of YouTube videos on doing the binding.  I pinned the top, batting and backing together and I am ready to quilt.  But I need some green thread that matches the backing material.  I don't have the right green color.  Rats.  Everything is closed today since it is Easter so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get some.

I got another few rows of detached buttonhole stitched.  This is going kind of s l o w l y.  I guess I should aim to get one hump a day stitched.

On the Drawn Thread pocket, I've gone rogue.  The two green flosses on this are very close together.  I used them both on the top design.  You can hardly tell them apart.

So when it came to the latest "spot"  I grabbed a different color.


I used some Gloriana Winter Woods.  I hope I haven't ruined it.  I guess it's my way of personalizing this.

I can't wait to see Claire this afternoon (via Facetime).  Maybe we'll get to see her open her Easter stuff.  This Easter I haven't eaten three packages of chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies.  No jelly beans. No circus peanuts.  But it's okay, I have lots of fun stuff to do.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment