Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Off With the Mermaid

I got the frame I ordered yesterday.  That was pretty quick. American Frame always packages their frames very well.   I will use the same box to send it off the the new baby.  Boy does ironing make a big difference with how the birth announcement looks.  I think it turned out nicely.

Looking at it all done assures me that the mermaid adds sweetness to the design.  I'm glad I kept it in.  I stopped at the Post Office on my way home from exercise this morning and sent it off.

I am so lazy.  I just put in the first quilting on Dylan's quilt this morning.  I am not real sure how many of the seams (stitch in the ditch) that I will quilt.  Right now I'm thinking every other strip.  But we'll see.  I want to try my walking foot and see if that is a good way to quilt.  I'm kind of impatient and I want to go fast.  I'm not sure how fast I can sew with the walking foot.

I got some more done on  Shepherd's Fold.  It is fun to change it up.

 Well, it is only fun if I like how it turns out.  I cut off the bird's tail and I'm going to make the sheep legs shorter.  I'm just tweaking it here and there.
I have to get ready as BFF and I go to Indy tomorrow for "Cottage Conservatory" and "Mistress L's Band Sampler" with Lauren Sauer.  It will be so fun!!!
A

3 comments:

  1. Your present turned out lovely and your Shepherd's fold is looking good but.....
    Get ready now and enjoy your fabulous classes with Lauren.
    Please say hello for me to both Lauren and BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birth sampler turned out nice.
    Great progress on the Fold.
    Have fun at your class.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birth sampler look lovely framed. What a special gift.
    Hope you have lots of fun at your classes.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete