Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I Changed My Mind

Well, as I was working on the Drawn Thread pocket I discovered that I had made a mistake in the very first flower and everything was off.  What to do?  Leave it?  Take it out?  After thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided to take it all out.  I didn't like all the blue in the substituted thread.  So I choose another color thread for the vine.  Here is what it used to look like:


Here is what it looks like now:

A one shade lighter green would probably be better but I can live with this.

Then I wanted to start the Shepherd's Fold but I did some doodling as I don't like the lettering.  I printed out a new font on Stitchpoint.com.  I tried stitching it with the recommended colors.

For some reason it just doesn't look right to me.  It looks too commercial or something.
 So I dug out an ancient favorite font from an old (May/June 1986) Cross Stitch and Country Crafts.

 I've stitched the front wedding thing as a pillow many times.  I was thinking of stitching it again as Son#1 is getting married later this year.  The personalization alphabet with this design is just a tiny chart in the bottom corner of the page.  

You can barely read it.  So anyway, I took that alphabet and graphed out "My Heart is Full" (instead of "A Full Heart").
 I also used one of the darker greens for the top vine.  I have altered the shape of the house.  It looked a bit like an industrial building instead of a cottage so I changed it up a bit.  I've got my fingers crossed that it turns out.  I may have to do some frogging.
I got a couple more bumps done on the carnation petals.
Dylan was great.  We are celebrating his birthday next week.  We are going to make icing and put it on brownies.  Yum.
Have a fun Tuesday!
A

2 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday!
    You're so right, that blue had to go. lol
    And the green is perfect. I think I *might* add a tiny border/or small design under that pinkish half triangle block to tie the green in with. I might make it a curvyish design too...to soften all the other "sharp" edges and to tie in with the green leaves that have a bit of curve to them.

    Its looking pretty though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for the Shepherd's Bush font either. Interesting to see how you came up with the new font and changed the saying-thanks!

    ReplyDelete