I finished the backstitching on the Strawberry Thief. I went digging for floss colors. The chart calls for Soie d'alger silk thread but I only had one of the colors it called for. So I went looking for a conversion chart to DMC. Just so I would have an idea of what color floss was supposed to be there. The photo on the chart doesn't look like it used the colors listed.
So I went looking for William Morris's wallpaper in several books that I have for the real colors used in the original. This all means I wasted a lot of time looking for stuff. I still haven't decided what colors to use. I'll take it a step at a time. First, the strawberries. The bird scares me the most so I'll probably do that last. I like how the strawberry turned out. The lightest strawberry color (although it looks fine in this photo, in real life it is a dull color) is the only Soie d'alger that is called for on the original chart. I don't really like that color so I'll use a different one on the other strawberries.
I used to have a boy scout that would march in parades on Memorial Day and of course we would go watch him. It is a bit rainy today and that boy scout is long grown. DH will grill some turkey burgers for us tonight.