Thursday, May 30, 2013

I Love a New Start

I've been anxiously awaiting this kit since I ordered it months ago.  I don't know why but I just love this project.  The mailman brought me my Needleworker's Pocketbook kit yesterday.  What fun to see all the goodies it contains.


What fun to start something new.  I thought I would spend the next few days just basting and backstitching but the point that she tells you to start happens to be a cross stitch.  The first part I am working on is the inside pocket.  It is supposed to look like this:

This is how far I got:

I'm not sure I like one of the colors as it doesn't show up very well.  I've already changed it on the strawberries.  (Yes, more strawberries!  Good thing I love them.)  
I put a few stitches into the Strawberry Thief.  It is slow going as I am doing tent stitch over one on 32 count.  I'm trying not to get lost.  Sometimes a highlighter helps.

Today I want to get all the way across the pocket with the top band.  The pocket has a very interesting band at the bottom, can't wait to get there.
A

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great start.
    I can't keep up with all of your projects you have going! lol
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete