Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Busy Day

It's been a busy day already.  I'm up to 8500 steps and may even get to 10,000 today.  I've found that the easiest way to get to 10,000 is to go shopping.  But that is not good as I tend to spend money when I'm shopping.
So after exercise and about 7 trips around the walking track at the Y, I went to the fabric store to get stuff for Claire's busy book.  I want to do a page a day.  I've been thinking about the cover.  I want to cut the top off a pair of jeans for the cover.  But I have to see if, first of all, I have a pair of jeans to cut up and secondly, can I get a large enough flat piece of jean to use.  Then the first page is peekaboo.  I ironed freezer paper to muslin and cut it out so I could run it through my printer.  It worked!  So I think I'm going to use my muslin face but use the felt for the hands - unless it looks creepy.

It is going to be messy making this book as I have to dig into stash and find things.

I got some new directions for Mermaid Treasures.  I am stitching on the stumpwork mermaid mirror part.  I don't think I could do this if it didn't come in just small easy steps.  Thanks to Amy Mitten's great instructions, I am doing fine.  I started the cloud at the top.  Doesn't look like much yet.

I finished Spring Jumble.  I love it and want to frame it and hang it up.  Maybe in my bathroom.  I haven't gone looking for frames yet.

I still haven't framed  B My Valentine that I did last year.

There is a new Needlework Nibble on Thistle Threads so of course I had to order it.  It is called Lady Catherine's Slipper.  Nifty.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment