Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cover

I got the cover done for Claire's busy book.  I found a pair of shorts that I should have thrown out years ago.  They had a hole by the pocket but I wore them anyway.  So I cut them up and made the cover:

I like it.  I wish I had cooler letters for her name but these ironed on very solidly so she can't pull them off.  Then I started on the first page.  I made the hands and it didn't look too creepy so I'll go with it (unless DIL doesn't like it).


Next is the flower page.  Three flowers button on.  I have a great sewing machine that makes very nice buttonholes.  My zigzagging around the edge of the flowers is not very even but I don't think it is noticeable.  My goal today is the finish page two and go on the page three which is a kitty cat with jingle bells in his bow tie.  Whatever.

I was so close to finishing the Erica Micheal's scissors fob when I thought, this is too big to be a scissors fob.  Basically I don't like scissors fobs anyway.  But one that is too big is not good.  So I went back and reread the directions trying to find any place that says to go over one.  Maybe I was supposed to go over one on 40 count silk gauze instead of over two.  I couldn't find anything.  The directions only mentioned the pin cushion and said to go over two using one strand of floss.  Then I looked at the picture.  The fob is small.  My fob is not.  Uh-oh.  I bet I was supposed to go over one and I went over two.  It isn't all my fault as the directions were not clear.  Rats.  All that work and I totally messed it up.  I think I have some more silk gauze somewhere but I'm not going to go looking for it today.  Maybe this will be a pin cushion instead of a scissors fob.  It is a little discouraging to work on something and have it not turn out as planned.
A

1 comment:

  1. The book is turning out cute.
    The fob would look great as a pincushion.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete