Monday, May 20, 2013

Close But No Cigar

I am soooo close to finishing the impressionist's painting project.  I just have a few stray stitches to complete and she is done!  Yeah!  I decided to show you the back so you will know I am not the best stitcher.  It is very messy especially when using three strands of floss for each stitch.  It is not pressed yet either.  I probably could clip the threads closer but I'm afraid of clipping them too close.



I worked a bit on Lady Catherine's Slipper.  I put in the gold I had overlooked.  Then I started the stem stitch around the gold.  It is starting to take shape.  I don't like the split stitch for the little tendrils as they don't look very smooth and curved.  But they are so small, maybe no one will notice.  I am going to try and fix that one curl that curls too much, it drives me crazy.

The bathrooms are clean.  I don't go to see Dylan any more this school year so the rest of the day is mine.  My goals are to finish the impressionist's painting and get close to finishing Lady Catherine's slipper.  Maybe work on a UFO/WIP.

I'm hoping Claire gets her busy book today.
A

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much stitching you get done every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Impressionist is looking good.
    The Slipper is really taking shape now.
    Great job.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete