Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Done

I finished the Impressionist's Painting Project.  I even ironed it.  It was an interesting project to do and I like how it turned out.  I didn't like stitching with three plies of floss.

 Ta-Dah!

I also finished the stitching part of Lady Catherine's Slipper.  I tried fixing the curlique that didn't match the corresponding curlique.  I discovered that the permanent marker line was under the stitching.  After pressing it, the transfer line doesn't show up so much.  I also took a string of linen and tried to weave it in so as to cover the transfer line.  Right now, I can't even see it.  So maybe it worked.



I am in the process of finishing the slipper.  I have to put in some tufting (where the white dots are), ladder stitch the soles together and make some black cording.  I like how it turned out.  The gold and black together are cool and I really like the silk lining fabric.  Nifty.

I decided not to go to exercise class as my calf is still very sore and I limp a bit.  I am not happy that I can't get in my steps.  That will slow down the weight loss a lot.  Rats.  But I look forward to being better next week and getting back to walking.  How could I have hurt myself just walking?  It's crazy.
A

3 comments:

  1. I really love the finished Impressionist´s Painting Project and to hear about your progress. I have this pattern(the magazine) and I wanted to stitch it too. Though so many projects on my work table as it is.
    The slipper is very delicate!
    You are so talented Amy, and I truly enjoy every project you share with us, thanks for being such inspiration!
    Hugs from
    Anette & Skruttan
    P.s my email is not working properly but I will write back to you as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Impressionist piece...beautiful!
    That slipper....not only gorgeous but SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your impressionist piece looks wonderful but I agree with you that three plies of floss are not so easy to work with.
    Hope your calf muscle heals soon.

    ReplyDelete