Sunday, January 1, 2012

Snow Storm On the Way






We are expecting up to 8 inches of lake effect snow today. I'll just stay warm and cozy inside.
I worked on the Mermaid a bit. You can now see her shape. She is just a small design that will be the cover for a tiny notebook. The front will say "Pearls of Wisdom". This is a slow stitch as I am stitching through interfacing on the back and can't use my sewing style.
I made some good progress on Winter's Cottage. The back is going way faster than the front did. I guess I feel like I know more of what I am doing as the back uses many of the same stitches as the front.
I got the Christmas tree taken down yesterday. My goal for today is to write all those thank you notes for Christmas presents.
The Stitching Tour of the Sewing Room's Unfinished Drawer continues with a cute cat design (it could be made into a pillow), a January design and Buzz (could be a cute glasses case).
Tomorrow is probably going to be a crazy day as Joe the contractor is supposed to show up and tile the kitchen floor. We won't be able to walk on it so that will be a challenge. I imagine we will have to go out to eat or get take-out.
I am excited about the Amy Mitten Vierlande design that comes out on the 25th. It is always fun to have something to look forward to. Also the baby is due in one week!!!
A

1 comment:

  1. Winters cottage is appropriate for a snowy day! I love the tiny mermaid. They feature a lot in embroidery don't they - perhaps there is some symbolic meaning? All the best for a quick and successful finish to the kitchen floor.

    ReplyDelete