Saturday, January 28, 2012

Better




I am feeling better and stronger today. I'm still not totally out of the woods as my endurance is low but things are looking up.
I didn't want to start anything new as I am still waiting for my Amy Mitten kit to arrive. (Maybe today!!?!?!?) So I made myself work on Winter's Cottage. I decided to experiment and try the needlebook my way. So I did the four sided stitch around the outside. Then I used a stitch from a C.A. Wells project inside of that. I looked at it and thought, that's pretty, I like that. A small change can add so much. One side is supposed to say House of Needles. But the letters are just plain up and down straight lines(no imagination!)so I am going to change that. The other side has my initials. Again, I can find fancier initials or even a big swirly "A". Buoyed by how the needlebook inside turned out, I am going to try to adapt the outside house to a more cross-stitchy way of stitching - no padded stitches, what a waste of time. I also took a big chance and cut out the pieces I have finished. I am going to inteface them and then they are ready for assembly. I still have a little bit of that darn snow to do.
I wanted to explain why my photos are crappy. It is intentional. A designer friend heard that people were stitching her projects from my blog (how is that possible?)and asked me to alter my photos. So I did. I take smaller pictures and "mountain" instead of "flower" on my camera. Yesterday we had a problem with my picture files and I wasn't able to edit them before posting. So you kind of had to look at them sideways. Sorry.
It is a snowy day here. I haven't been out of the house since Monday. But in weather like this, that's okay.
A

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to hear you are feeling better Amy. Hope the improvement continues and that 'Amy Mitten'arrives very soon - well before you go away!

    ReplyDelete