Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Prune Bread



My BFF asked for the recipe for prune bread. It honestly didn't occur to me that anyone would want it. But I am delighted to comply!
Prune Bread (Grandma Wilkinson's recipe with changes by me in parentheses)
Cook 1 pound box prunes (I used a 20 oz box)as directed on box.
(Put prunes in a pan and cover with water. Boil for about 15 minutes).
When cool take out pits. (Are you kidding?!? Get the pitted prunes!)
Add 2 teaspoons baking soda to prunes and water and let stand.
Mix together: 1 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 c. shortening (butter!) and one egg.
Cream together and add prunes. (I used a mixer so that the prunes wouldn't be in chunks)
Add 3 c. Flour. Bake at 375. (I baked it at 350. What can I say, I'm a rebel)
Test like cake. (In my Grandmother's day, that meant taking a strand from the broom and sticking it in the cake to see if it came out clean. eew)
Here is a picture of the tile I ordered. W Slate from Virginia Florim.
Also here is a picture of one of the rods I bought. It doesn't really keep your stitching taut, it just keeps it from getting all wrinkled up when you stitch in hand.
I made a mistake, the threads etc. accessory packet cost 46 not 60. There is a similar accessory pack for My Story that is 60. Yes, I bought that too. Good Grief.
A

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Prune Bread recipie. I LOVE the tile you picked for your kitchen floor. Your Button Brag Book is pretty and you'll be done in no time. DH and I were mourning the lack of turkey left-overs since our sisters had the 2 Thanksgiving celebrations this year, so we bought a sale turkey and we're roasting it now! Glad your Holiday was wonderful! -BFF

    ReplyDelete