Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh No Snow!




What a way to start off the week - with several inches of snow! Forsythia bushes up the street are blooming but all covered with snow. April 18th and it is snowing. Luckily the temperature is warm enough that the snow is melting off the roads. I think it will be no problem driving out to Halona's school this afternoon. I dug out an old Martha Stewart kit for making crepe paper flowers. We'll see if she is game.
I had a weak moment. I love the paintings of John Singer Sargent. Combine those two unlikely facts and you come up with me ordering a new chart. I have been looking at the Carnation, Lily, Lily Rose chart on Scarlet Quince for a long time, wondering if I could stick with a huge detailed chart like that. I stitched a small Heaven and Earth Designs chart just to see how it went. 7000 stitches later I was disappointed to find you couldn't even tell what the image was. So do I take a chance that this chart will be different? Well, I guess the answer is yes since I bought the chart. Like I need another big project.
I am working on the "pyn pillow" for the Blue Ribbon Sewing Box. It is fun to see how it is turning out. This is a fun project. I have to think about packing for Celebrations. I am so excited to be leaving in a week! I am a lucky girl.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment