1. It was so well organized and thought out. We had the perfect amount of time at each museum. Not too little and not too much. I never was twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do. When you are going wonderful places you need the opportunity to shop. We had lots of bits of time here and there to shop. The logistics of the trip were just perfect. There are places I'd like to go back to someday (Glasgow, Bath, Port Sunlight, London). I'd like to go back to Oxford too but I realize that it is one of the most expensive places to visit.
2. We got another kit on the tour. It is a pansy.
I love it! I wasn't expecting any surprise kits and was tickled when we got two. The workshop kit was fantastic too.
3. I got in all my steps without any trouble every day - except when I lost my FitBit. One day I even got 15,000 steps in!
4. Marks & Spencer's is a great store. They have ready made take out food (even stuff with salmon in it!) that is great. Why don't they offer stuff like this in the US? They also have tons of other stuff. I bought three blouses from them.
5. I had a wonderful roommate who put up with me. Thank you Janet for getting me into the tour and for letting me hang around with you. It was fun! Thanks too for all the places you showed me. It was great having a personal tour guide.
6. I met a lot of nice people on the tour. Here is Sharon:
Maree, Cheryl, Marian and Jeri introduced themselves to me because of my blog. It was great to meet them in person. The internet has made the world a much smaller place. Victoria Laine has inspired me to try different things to finish my trinket box.
7. Fearless Leader is an amazing person who made all the behind the scenes museum visits possible.
8. After seeing all those caskets, I know much more what I like and what I don't like. This will make designing my own caskets much easier. I am inspired to make certain things (a small goldwork bird surrounded by mirrors) for my casket after seeing one. I saw a kit on the internet for a goldwork bird and Santa is giving me the kit for Christmas.
9. How lucky and I? I am just the luckiest person in the world to have gone on this tour. I had a great time. I have many fun memories too. I saw so many places I had only heard of. I've been to Windsor Castle!
10. Why was I so scared of going? Everything was fine. People were nice to me. Nothing was difficult.
Of course I am glad to be back home to my quiet sewing room. And I have some candy left.