Thursday, November 12, 2015

Home

I forgot to tell you about my flight home.  I was so worried about getting my huge heavy suitcase down the tube steps.  There were two sets of 12 steps.  Janet and I woke up very early on that morning.  We walked over to the tube station.  When I got to the steps, an Oriental gentleman was there and he just picked up my suitcase and took it down the stairs for me.  How nice was that?  At 6 in the morning, a nice guy helps me out.  Now I feel a little bit bad as Janet was struggling with her suitcase.  We rode all the way out to Heathrow.  Taking the tube out to the airport is the easiest cheapest way to get there.

Janet was kind to come with me as her plane didn't leave for another several hours but she wanted to make sure I got to the right place. So finally we had to part, Janet to terminal 2 and me to terminal 3.
Now I was worried about my suitcase being too heavy.  I couldn't believe it when it only weighted 22 whatevers and I could have up to 32.  I should have put those heavy books in my suitcase instead of trying to carry them in my plane bag.
Heathrow is pretty interesting.  I got some breakfast.  There are a couple of large waiting areas.  The gates for flights are not posted until an hour before the flight so you more or less have to wait in the large waiting areas.  Then it is a hike to get to the gate.  Luckily my gate was one of the first down a very long hallway.  There were only 46 people on a large British Airlines plane.  We all had a row to ourselves.  I watched three movies on the way back (and it didn't cost me anything!).  I watched "Adeline", the Amy Winehouse documentary and "The Woman in Gold".  They were all good.  I couldn't sleep as my body thought it was morning.  It was a very long day.  I knew the best way to adjust to my regular time was to try and stay awake until it was time to go to bed.
I survived and made it home just fine.  DH was waiting for me at the airport.  Back to my normal life.
I finished off the flame pin cushion kit.

  I need make it up into a pin cushion.

 I ordered some Evertite stretcher bars to fix my trinket box stitching.

So what's next?  I have a class coming up so I have to get my pre-stitching done.  I've had the kit for six months so it is about time to get busy.  Now what was I working on before I left?
A

4 comments:

  1. Two years ago when we arrived in London, we also took the tube to the hotel. I was very lucky and someone helped me with the suitcase up two flights of stairs. The Brits tend to be pretty nice. Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have enjoyed so much following your trip thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing trip you had! Thank your for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a safe trip home, and that you had a fantastic time.
    Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete