Monday, November 16, 2015

A Book

I'm a lucky duck.  DS#1 and DS#2 sent me Amazon gift certificates for my birthday and I have had fun spending them.  I saw a book review on Mary Corbet the other day.  So I went looking for the book on Amazon even though it is available from another place.  It was more expensive on Amazon but I spent a while looking at other embroidery books.  I ended up ordering this one:
I love the butterflies.

They look simple enough that maybe I could make them.  The directions are in the back of the book.
I went digging yesterday.  I wanted to make some more progress on my trinket box.  This is the design that I want on the front and sides.  It is from the same sampler as the top design.
I stared it a long time ago.  So I went looking for that and found it.  I put it down when I was having trouble with the queen stitches in a flower.  This is stitched on 40 count.
But now I want to do the whole front, back and sides in one long strip.  So I'm starting over.  I basted the sections and started in the middle of the front so I can adjust it to fit as I go.  (I'm an optimist obviously)
We'll see how it all works out.
It's Monday and my bathrooms are clean.  I saw at least 8 deer this morning as I was walking.  It is a lovely day and the sun is shining.
A

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great book.
    Love the trinket box piece.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete