I spent all day yesterday doing the finishing on Cottage Conservatory.
I changed a few things. You probably suspected that. It just didn't feel substantial enough with just two layers of lightweight interfacing. So I used some comic board. I got that hint from Pam Reed at the Dyeing to Stitch Retreat. I'd never heard of comic board. It's what people who collect comic books put in them so the edges don't curl or get bummed up. It's a lot like posterboard but just a hair stiffer. It is a lot easier to find than skirtex. So that's what I put inside. The board was also something I could attach the magnets to that hold the flap closed. Now it feels sturdy enough.
I like how it turned out. I thought about making the ribbon tie in a bow at the top but in the end, I didn't.
I got the "s" in Summer Jumble done. The next square is a watermelon. Then the first row will be complete.
The lilacs are blooming. There are many fewer blooms this year probably due to the horrid winter. They smell wonderful! They always remind me of my Grandmother who liked to wear Lilac perfume.