Saturday, May 10, 2014

More Than I Thought

I worked hard to get the detached buttonhole done on the carnation petal for Spring Casket Keepsakes.

I thought I had one more petal to do.  Oh no, that would be too easy!  I have three more petals to do.  Well, I guess having one done, I know I can do it.  Luckily this petal will be on the inside and not show too much.  I am determined to make this next petal much more even.  Just wait until I get to the blue flower.  It has tons of petals - two pages of petals for a total of twenty smaller petals.  I'm going to have to keep plugging away on them.

I got a present in the mail.  I ordered a grab bag from The Silver Needle.  It cost 7.50 but has a hundred dollars worth of stuff in it.  It was fun to open it up and see if I got anything nifty.

 I am quite picky so I was taking a great risk.  This is what was inside.

I found three things I like.

The mentoring party went well and Dylan was happy.  I was so tickled to see he is still using the combination lock and umbrella.  I'm sad that the year is over.  Dylan is such a nice kid.

I didn't get to my goal of finishing the top of the Cottage Conservatory.  The new goal is to get my name stitched on the bottom.

I saw a fun exhibit of Recycled Art in the Park when I went walking this morning. The park has greened up a great deal since last weekend.

It is a wonderful day here.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment