Friday, May 23, 2014

Good News and Bad News

Remember yesterday I was looking for gold thread so I could get back to working on Hampton Court?  The good news is I found it.  The bad news is I found it mangled.

It was caught in the carpet.  I should have taken better care of it.  Now what do I do?  Well, there aren't many sources for smooth purl.  But I did read that Hedgehog Needleworks (or whatever it is called) is having a sale and they do carry metal threads.  Problem is I haven't the faintest idea what size it is.  So I ordered a bit of  seven different sizes.  (How crazy is that?)  We'll see if I can match the size.  Meantime, I should get back to Hampton Court and work on whatever I can.  I've neglected it too long.

I got some stitching done on the bargello pin cushion.

This is addictive.  I'm almost halfway done with the front.  I'd like to do the back the same way with tulips and hearts instead of just initials and date.  But on the back I want to change the background color.

I have been working out the problems with Shepherd's Fold.

 I'm changing things so I have to work out how everything fits together.  My goal right now is to finish stitching the left hill and beehives.  Then I have to figure out flowers for the right hill.  The design flowers are so big.  I want something more delicate.  I think I will take some of the Drawn Thread flowers and scatter them around the hill.  I am finally happy with the house.  It would be so much easier to just stitch it as charted but I want it different.
Story of my life.
A

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    I like your house. I thinks it's perfect. I may need to borrow your idea when I start mine. The one on the pattern reminds me of a factory or possibly a hospital. Some sort of commercial building rather than a home. Thanks ofr sharing.

    ReplyDelete