Wednesday, July 31, 2013

As a Rule

I find it amazing that when I get to a point that I am afraid I won't have anything to show you, something shows up.  That happened yesterday.  I didn't get any stitching at all done on Mermaid's Treasures or the Cricket design.  But I got new lessons for the Needleworker's Pocketbook.  We got all the information on finishing it completely!  So I set out to do the easiest part, the ruler.  I am always afraid of messing something up on the harder stuff so I elect to do the easy stuff first.  The ruler only involved ironing, interfacing and cutting.  Didn't it turn out nicely?


Then the next part is to put in the pocket.  I did that.  So far, so good.

Next is to baste the ribbon on either side of the edge.  I am almost done with that.  Once I finish that, I can start the buttonhole stitch over the ribbon.  So that's what the goal is today, to get at least some of the buttonhole stitch on the edge.



It is a rainy day.  There is chili in the crock pot.  Tomorrow we get a new lesson in Cabinet of Curiosities.
A

1 comment: