Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Walk in the Woods

When Vicki Hastings of Cross-Eyed Cricket Collection talked to us at the Silver Needle retreat she mentioned that one of her favorite designs was A Walk in the Woods.  I stitched this a long time ago and decided to rummage through the sewing room closet and get it out.  I like to change the needlework hanging around the house every once in a while.  When I got A Walk in the Woods out, I noticed that it was  dated 1989, 24 years ago.

 I like the motifs on this one.  It is done on 28 count linen.

I always worked on 28 count up until I went to Celebrations and was exposed to higher count linens.

I have made very little progress on the shell of Mermaid's Treasures.  I keep getting lost.  I'm going to put in some guidelines.  I may just work on the side that has some shell design and a mermaid.  That would be easier.  You can't work on this when you are tired, that's for sure.

I got the hat on the mummy pumpkin and started the leaves.

Good progress on this one.
It is a lovely day here.  It's almost a shame to be inside.  Almost.
A

4 comments:

  1. I stitched A Walk in the Woods in 2009. On Congress cloth and used silk threads for the first time. Oh, my! Every stitch was a pleasure and I still stop to admire it on my sampler wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty piece Amy! Glad you dug it out of the closet, it deserves to be on your walls again. Love your WIP's. I'm itching to get started on some autumn stitching, love the colours for that season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Walk in the Woods is a classic.
    You will get more done on the Mermaid tomorrow.
    Love the CEC Halloween piece.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love A Walk in the Woods! I have the chart from all those years ago and started it, but I want to restart it on different fabric...now that I have turned into a fabric snob! 8-)

    Thanks for reminding me about this beautiful piece.

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete