Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to Me

Son#1 got me an Amazon gift card for Mother's Day.  I pre-odered the book "A Fine Style" that goes with an exhibit in England called The Art of Tudor and Stuart Fashion.  I got the book yesterday.






It is very cool to look through it and see all the wonderful pictures of the paintings and dresses.  I want to read it too.
It is a big heavy book and there are many close up photos of paintings and clothing.  There is a very nice photo of the frog purse.

I wish Amy Mitten would write directions for that.  I'd take that class in a minute.

I finished off my Claire banner and it is ready to be sent off.  I used a wider dark green ribbon and dark green ultrasuede cut with my scallop scissors to back each disc.  I put a d-ring at the top for hanging.

I worked just a bit on Buttons-A-Bounty.  UGH.  I don't know if I can get through all those queen stitches.  There are 42 acorns and each acorn top has 10 full queen stitches and three half queens (and how do you do those?)  There are some odd stitches in the leaves that one must remember (as in up four threads and over three threads).  If it were a beautiful design, I would power through.  But I'm not crazy about the design.  It is dull and too repetitive.  No flowers.  I'm thinking of ways to change the design a bit.
Stay cool.
A

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an interesting book.
    The Claire banner turned out too cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete