Thursday, July 25, 2013

Now What was I Doing?

I am trying to get back to normal after my adventures in Tulsa.  I got some finishing lessons for the Needleworker's Pocketbook while I was gone.  So this week I have been working on those.  First we were to sew on the needle felt using buttonhole stitch.  My BFF told me about using Tiger Tape to help make one's stitches nice and even when doing buttonhole stitch.  I happen to have some Tiger Tape so I thought I would try it.

It really did help.  It can be a pain though when the sticky back of the tape catches on your thread.  I like the evenness of the stitches but the needle felt is a bit skew-wiff (not straight, twisted).  But I'm not taking it out.

Then we had to sew on each of the five thread rings.  It looks like Amy Mitten drilled each one of these thread rings twice so they could be sewn on.  No problem sewing them on.

Then we had to lace the small ribbon through some of the eyelets.  Again, easy.

Next we had to cut out three pieces of the Needlework Pocket.  I neglected to stitch much of the backstitching so I had to be extra careful cutting it out.

Then I had to put some of the backstitching in so I could start lining the pieces. Two of the pieces were laced together using the backstitches.   Now I have two pieces of lined linen and I am waiting for the next lessons to come out.


I have been working on the Cricket Halloween design from the retreat.  I want to make it into a treat bag for Claire when she is old enough to go trick-or-treating.  The design is cuter than the picture and the Krenik green braid adds a neat sparkle to the eyes.  My goal yesterday was to get the little cat done.

I want to get back to working on Mermaid's Treasures.  The shell is going to be challenging just keeping your place.  One side is fully stitched over one.  That's going to take a while!
A

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time at the retreat! But I'm also happy to see what you've been up to today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress, it's looking pretty.
    Do you get stash mail everyday?
    I want to come live at your house. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete