Friday, July 5, 2013

CLAI

With the holiday, it feels like we had two Saturdays this week.
I got the I done in Claire.

I worked on Needleworker's Pocketbook but got very discouraged when I took out a flower for the third time.  It's time to quit if you've messed things up three times in a row.  I really want to get this done before the finishing directions come.  And I'm so close to finishing it.  So I'm going to work on it some today.

But the best news is the next few of lessons  of Mermaid's Treasures are posted.  I can sew on my scales and tail fin and more.  Yeah!  The mirror back will be just about done when I get these lessons done.

I finally finished the needle holder for the first fan I made in Lady's Collection.



I am kind of making up how I want to finish it as I go along.  I wanted the needle holder to be stiff enough that It wouldn't bend when you insert it into the fan which is a snug fit.  So I used two pieces of manila folder.  One in the lining and one behind the linen.  I am happy with the stiffness.  I also used some stitch witchery strips to adhere the lining to the manila folder paper and the linen to the manila folder paper.  Then it was easy to just whip them together.  So now I need to go on and finish the second fan.  The question remains, do I put a page inside the needle book?  I have to find the directions and see what they say.

I have to pack for our trip on Sunday.  And find some stitching to take along.
A


2 comments:

  1. The letters are too cute.
    Great progress on the pocketbook.
    Can't wait to see this all put together.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate ripping out the same thing multiple times, so annoying. Can't wait to see that mermaid.

    ReplyDelete