I worked on hard stuff yesterday. I wanted to get just a solid corner of the shell done on Mermaid's Treasures. I was looking for an organized way to stitch it so I wouldn't get lost. One way is the start with the darkest color and build around it. Another way is to start in a corner and build onto that. So I picked a corner and built around it. It went pretty well but stitching over one, even on 32 count, is slow-going. I still have some stitches to do on this little wedge.
I know that when I get done, this shell will be remarkable and I will be proud of myself for doing it. So maybe I'll try to get a bit done every day so it isn't so overwhelming. I may have to put in some guidelines to keep from getting lost. We'll see.
I thought I would start the snail. It looked easy and fun. Wrong about the easy part. The back part of the snail is all over one. Once I get all the way around on the edge, it will go faster. Then the head is done with 2 different strands of floss, over two, in tent stitch. I haven't tried that part yet.
I went walking this morning even though it was lightly raining. I hit a new low (weight-wise) yesterday and I feel like I have lost one more chin. So I am motivated.
I am working on the mummy pumpkin of the Cricket design. I don't like the line of the moon, I want more of a crescent. So I made a copy of the chart and did some drawing on it to make the moon, well, more like a moon. I'm close to what I was aiming for.
On Ellen Chester's site I saw an example of what I was thinking of doing. I wanted to do Mrs. Waddelow's huswif in multiple colors on my Buttons a Bounty project (to avoid doing several hundred queen stitches). I think it just may work. I have another Ellen Chester pattern that I was thinking of using as well, Strawberries So Faire. I'll have to see which one fits best.