Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday

Happy Friday!
What to do today?  Well, I think I will try to frame my impressionist's painting.  I found a very nice frame for it at Stitchville.  I thought I would have to have it matted.  But when we (Deb, BFF and I) looked at it in the frame the unstitched edge looked okay.  So I'm going ahead and framing it.  It was a lot of work and I like how it turned out so I want to put it up and enjoy it. I love that if you are back from it a few feet, you don't even know it is cross stitched.

I want to finish up the rest of the embellishments on my mermaid mirror.  Then I will be all caught up on the class.  I only have two trims and a few buttons to sew on.


I got the kit for the Shining Needle Society class by Jackie DuPlessis, Buttons-a-Bounty yesterday.  The class doesn't officially start until Monday but the charts are in the kit and I'd like to see how it goes.  It is the same motif stitched several times.

I don't know if it will get tedious or not.  The way to keep it from getting tedious is to change it a bit.  I have thought of changing some of the colors.

I have to tell you the most interesting thing BFF and I did this week was go see the casket at the Minnesota Museum of Art.  You could take non-flash photos so I took lots of pictures.  Right next to it was a stitched mirror.  It was so great to see the mirror and casket in person.  We really wished we could have seen the back of the casket too, but the case was up against the wall.  What was really remarkable was the great condition the casket was in.  It was fantastic.


A

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that you got to see a casket in person. I guess you didn't get to peek inside. That would REALLY be awesome. Have you decided on designs for yours? Is the museum in Minneapolis?

    ReplyDelete