I got a pitiful amount of stitching done yesterday. I was just pooped. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it. I stitched the date that is on the bottom of the wheelbarrow. That means I only have the wheel left to stitch and I can start putting it together. It looks like it is challenging to construct. There is even a paper practice page to help you figure out how to put the parts together. I will have to wrap floss around wire for the frame. I hope that goes smoothly. The palestrina knots don't look very even but they are supposed to help define the top edge. I am hoping they look good when it is all put together. I think I want to make a fancy edge for the pin cushion with hem stitching and ribbon threaded through. I am always more ambitious in the morning.
I put a few stitches in the background of red bird. The background looks kind of antiquey. Not as even or smooth as I would like but maybe one won't notice that when it is all finished. Let's hope.
The counter top is being made! I didn't have to pay more! It is supposed to be done by the end of the week! Yeah!
We bought the sink yesterday. So all set with that. We still need some accessories like a faucet and drains. DH is talking about taking off more of the old counter top so we are ready for the install.
Goals for today:
Finish the inside cover background of Hare Pyns.
Try to finish the background of red bird.
Read how to stitch the wheel.
Read the finishing instructions for the wheelbarrow.
I went back and looked at my Hand-Dyed Fibers order and saw that they will email me when they send the order. So I'm waiting for the email instead of the mailman or in our case, the mailwoman.