Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Friday, July 29, 2011

Mystery Solved




I found the crinoline! I went down to iron the lining of the wheelbarrow sides and I found a piece of crinoline on my ironing board. Then it dawned on me what I had done. I cut the crinoline meant for the sides and used it for the front. So there wasn't enough left to do both sides. What can I say? I'm an idiot. I am slowly but surely getting all the pieces ready to be sewn together. I am totally confused about the button made out of a piece of ultrasuede. I wish that I had a diagram of where all the buttonhole stitches go. But I think the goal is to cover the ultrasuede cylinder with buttonhole stitches and make it look like a rose. I'm going to try. I'll show you tomorrow what I come up with.
I used up a whole strand of silk putting in background in my Hare Pyns front. It is way more than six strands. It was interesting to see how much got covered using a whole strand up. I would like to get to the half way point today. But if I get sick of it, I'll quit. I can't believe I am almost done. And that it looks like it is supposed to. Yeah!
I didn't get my Hand-Dyed Fibers yet. But I have a tracking number. Yesterday they were still in Pennsylvania.
We had lots and lots of lightening last night. It is supposed to be hot today. I'm going to be nice today when I answer the phone as it may be the countertop guys. I usually just hang up on the AT&T dipsoids and the "I have an important message from credit card services" recording.
A

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy!! It's me LuAnne... I have something funny to send you but I need your e-mail address. My e-mail is: knobko@comcast.net
    Your stitching AND finishing is just amazing as always...
    Hugs & Stitches L

    ReplyDelete