Thursday, November 20, 2014

Otter

This is some of my stash that I got at The Attic:

I had seen the otter pin cushion kit from Just Another Button Company in the Attic's newsletter and it was so cute.  I put it together and it was really fun.  The directions said to glue a lot of the parts on but I thought sewing them on would make them more secure.




Amy Mitten has a new tutorial out.  It is for the Quaker Sewing Box.  You know I am a sucker for her tutorials.  Yes, I signed up.  It doesn't start until January.
I am trying to decide on colors for the baby gift I am stitching.  Trying to find just the right purple is not easy.  This is my first try but it turned out too blue, not purplely enough.


Maybe one of these:

Would you believe these are the same colors taken in different light?

A

2 comments:

  1. The Otter is so cute. I went to the Amy Mitten Web Site. I can see why you would sign up for the tutorial. I have a couple of things I am working on and I can't figure out the specialty stitches so I don't think I had better try anything like that although I am tempted.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stah!
    That Otter is soooooooooooo cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete