Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tidy Up

I have been finishing the Stitching Chair Necessaire.  I attached the pockets.

  I attached the pin cushion using beads. I was supposed to make smyrna stitches to attach it but I tried to be clever and put in a lazy daisy stitch instead.  I only had four flower beads that matched and of course, I messed that up too.  But it still looks okay.  You probably wouldn't notice if I didn't tell you.

 I am on the last part - lining the back.  I love how it turned out.  This was a fun stitch.

I put the twisted cording on the scissors fob and I sewed the needle page into the needlebook.


Mr. Snowman got an orange and some more snow.  If I worked on this all day, I bet I could finish it.  Well, maybe everything but the name.

I thread wrapped the temari.  It is a teeny bit smaller than I wanted but I am learning how to do this.  I thought it would be hard to make it one centimeter smaller than it was with the yarn wrap.  Not so.  I am proceeding anyway with the next step which is putting on some lines with sparkle braid.  Then comes the actual design.  So far, it seems to be a waste of a lot of thread (said by my cynical self).

Today I must finish my windmill!
A


1 comment: