Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday of a Very Exciting Week

This week is going to be so great.  I leave for my June Retreat on Wednesday and I get back on Sunday so I don't know if I'll get a chance to post in the mean time.  I plan to take my IPad with me so it is possible.
The bathrooms are clean. DH went off to get me a new camera battery.  The old one is dying.  Now on to fun stuff.
I started something new! I was going to kit up some stuff to take with me on my trip but I couldn't help but just do a few stitches.   It is Country Stitches Thimble Purse.  I think it is adorable but I want to change the design to a less-primitive one.  But I am stitching the original design first.  It is stitched on 40 count.  I didn't mean to but I bought the thread pack with this one so I might as well use it.  It will be a quick stitch since it is so small.  So far the 40 count isn't a problem, of course, I am going over two.

I am into the backstitching on Mr. Snowman.  I keep coming across stitches that I forgot or that need to be crossed.  It will be another day or two to finish this guy.

I got the outline of the Hall of Justice on Mute But Not Silent.  I have to look up the next page of the charts to figure out what to do next.

I tried to get ready for the next Temari Lesson today.  But my tri-wings are not looking like I want them to.  I haven't figured out what my problem is.  I have stitched the first row about 4 times but I'm still not happy with it.  I may email her and ask what I am doing wrong.  Now that I look at the photo, two of the wings look right, it is just that one on the right that is twisted.

DH says to remind him to get out my suitcase today.  I have to iron some stuff.  I just wear old cruddy clothes every day so it is a challenge to try and look respectable.
A

2 comments:

  1. I have been ogeling the little thimble purse patterns too - they are just too cute! Can't wait to see your versions!
    Have a great trip and tell us all about it when you come back, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am looking forward to the report on your retreat. The windmill is great but it looks like there is a lot of filling in stitching on the Halls of Justice?? have a safe and enjoyable trip.

    ReplyDelete