Well, I sat down and just worked and worked trying to figure out how to do the tri-wings on the temari. I was reminded of the definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. But I kept at it. I read the directions. I watched the YouTube video. Then it finally dawned on me that I needed to keep the thread above the pin. So after a few more tries, I think I've got it. I got two of the four tri-wings done.
They aren't perfect but I consider this a learning temari. I found a V ruler on the Internet and printed it out. That will help. It was just too hard to measure and get all the sections even with a tape measure - you need at least one more hand. We got the second lesson today. Making the sunflower shapes is going to be very similar to doing tri-wings I think. We'll see....
I have the bottom half of Mr. Snowman backstitched. I don't like the lettering for the name so I may choose a different font style.
I finished the thimble purse front. I am stitching a bird that I have selected to put on my casket for the other side of the thimble purse just to see how it turns out. I'm using the same floss colors. You sure don't use much floss when you are stitching on 40 count with just one ply.
I have some sweet things to take with me to stitch on my trip. I have to iron! I have to pack!
Thank you to Margaret for the honey filled chocolates. They are fabulous! I even let DH have one.