Saturday, April 30, 2016

Framed


The frame came yesterday for the birth announcement.

 I laced up the stitching on the mounting board and got it all framed.  Wow, it is all done ready to send.


I did some experimenting with the Flemish Ornament.  I tried doubling the thread because it is like stitching with a strand of hair.  See that tiny strand I'm stitching with?

 It looked messy.


Then I tried different thread altogether.  I grabbed a Hand-dyed Fiber and tried that.  It was not as shiny and a bit rough looking.

 I may try some of the Cabinet of Curiosities thread just to see how that works.
  Then it dawned on me yesterday, this isn't so hard.  There isn't that much stitching.  I can do this.  Just wait until I get to the flower.  So my goal today is to get all the leaves in and try a flower.  We'll see if I get that far.

I got the top of Buzz all done!

Now the fun part.  I started the side.  My stitching looks a little rough on dark linen.  All the imperfections show up.  So I'm going to be more careful so it looks a little neater.

The farmer's market starts next week.  That will be fun.  Fresh asparagus!  Maybe the candy lady will be there again.  Be still my heart.
A

2 comments:

  1. The Birth Sampler looks great in that frame.
    Great progress on Buzz.
    I hope you find whatever thread makes you happy for your project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect frame and nicely done. Anxious to see Buzz progress. Love the dark fabric.

    ReplyDelete