Saturday, April 30, 2016
The frame came yesterday for the birth announcement.
I laced up the stitching on the mounting board and got it all framed. Wow, it is all done ready to send.
I did some experimenting with the Flemish Ornament. I tried doubling the thread because it is like stitching with a strand of hair. See that tiny strand I'm stitching with?
It looked messy.
Then I tried different thread altogether. I grabbed a Hand-dyed Fiber and tried that. It was not as shiny and a bit rough looking.
I may try some of the Cabinet of Curiosities thread just to see how that works.
Then it dawned on me yesterday, this isn't so hard. There isn't that much stitching. I can do this. Just wait until I get to the flower. So my goal today is to get all the leaves in and try a flower. We'll see if I get that far.
I got the top of Buzz all done!
Now the fun part. I started the side. My stitching looks a little rough on dark linen. All the imperfections show up. So I'm going to be more careful so it looks a little neater.
The farmer's market starts next week. That will be fun. Fresh asparagus! Maybe the candy lady will be there again. Be still my heart.