I started the stitching of the Flemish Ornament project. I know a learning curve is involved having never stitched through heavy paper. It is quite a challenge. It is really hard to punch holes for stitching. At one point I was using my pliers to help me push a pin through. I couldn't really find a pin that was sharp enough but durable enough not to bend. Then I wasn't sure which stitch to use for outlining. Stem stitch, backstitch, split stitch? I've only done one complete teeny circle.
I've found that the thread will break if I pull too hard so I have to be careful. I'm rethinking this whole thing. I actually went shopping this morning to look for some more Duchess Silk Satin to experiment with. None to be found. So for now, I'm thinking. . . .
I had more success finishing the Just Nan Needlebook. The front turned out great.
I put the beads on and the rose center. I stitched on the dragonfly. So cool. Then I put the ribbon pockets on the inside wool pieces.
I sewed the lining to the front and realized that there was a gap between lining pieces that was small but you could see the seam allowance of the front. So I tried to cover that up by overlapping the lining and giving it a scalloped edge - while hoping it would close okay. I think it will work out. I still have to sew on the snap. So this baby is almost done. Yeah!