Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Secret Drawer

This is the secret drawer that I put marbled paper on.

 I am very happy with how it turned out.  Some of the parts that I put marbled paper on got wrinkles in them so I was worried.  I wanted to show you where it goes.
The panel lifts up revealing a space underneath.
Then you can pull out this drawer.

 Slowly but surely I am getting the tray for the flat casket done.  I cut some pieces of the edging tape to go around the edge of the tray.

Then I can put marbled paper on the sides of the tray.
Next I want to finish the pin cushion tray that has another secret drawer.


Things are going badly with the last motif of panel three of the Quaker Bag.  I was off and had to take out a lot.  So I put in some basting stitches to show me the center so I could work out from there..


 I stitched a star in the center and them realized the basting stitches were off!  ARGH. Ripped some more.   I think I have the perimeter all set but now the flower stem is not fitting like it is supposed to.  ARGH.  I'm about ready to just leave in all the mistakes.  Maybe I need to start on another piece for now.

On a brighter note, I am tickled pink that I have one side pasted to my casket.

 It makes me want to get more done.
A


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! The secret drawer and the casket side looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the secret drawer is looking lovely and casket is awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Amy. Spent the day with your BFF#2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The casket is coming along nicely.
    That marbled paper is so pretty.
    Maybe put Q bag away for a few days and work on something else?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stitching the pieces is one thing but the finishing is quite an achievement! Love the three queens!

    ReplyDelete