Saturday, May 2, 2015

It's Always Something

Things were going swimmingly yesterday.  My cold is just about gone, I'm feeling more energetic and then all of a sudden a crown came off my tooth.

 Wouldn't you know it would happen on a Friday evening.  No chance of seeing my dentist until Monday.  So I have to behave myself until then.  I love crunchy stuff but none of that for a couple of days.  I went to Target and got my favorite smoothie mix, mango pineapple, like Dylan and I used to like to make at lunch.

  I'm thinking this is an opportunity to cut down on what I eat and lose some weight too.  It could happen.

I feel like I have been very lazy.  I only got the backstitching done around the Friesland pocket yesterday.

  That's because I was reading The Goldfinch so much.  I have less than 100 pages left to go.  Some of the book makes me very uncomfortable.  As in, using drugs is like throwing your life away.  But I digress.
Anyway the pocket is done and the next parts should go pretty quickly.  I'm going to work on the needlebook flap.  I want to change one of the colors.  It uses a lot of the scream green.  I want to use a much prettier potion green which is more of a blue-green.  We'll see how it all works out.  I can't believe that I will get to the putting together parts very soon.  This week maybe.

I was reading blogs this morning when I read that the next part of Shepherd's Fold is coming out next week!  I don't know what it is going to be and I haven't seen any pictures.  It will be fun to see what it turns out to be.  I'm also on the lookout for Amy Mitten's next Casket Keepsakes.  Can't wait.  You know, there's always something going on.
A

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, the same thing happened to me on a Friday once too.
    Hope you get it fixed soon.
    Those smoothies look good, I'll have to try them.
    We buy the Simply Balanced fish from Target, they are so good, especially the Swai.
    Friesland is coming along, it has great colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete