I got all the stitching done on the slipper and cut it out. I used 32 count linen instead of 28 so it is a little smaller. I might have to adjust the size of the sole template and the top template. I'll have wing it as I go along.. I need to cut out mat board and skirtex and find some dupioni silk to line it with.
I got good mail yesterday. I am copying Rachael. She put handmade marbled paper on parts of her casket. So I found some marbled paper that I liked in a store on Etsy. (Artonwater) I ordered it from Canada. It took a while for the Etsy shop owner to make it in the colors that I wanted. But it arrived yesterday and I was very impresssed. It is hard to believe that this beautiful paper was done by hand! Wow.
I got two patterns. One is smaller to do the drawer linings.
It is a good color to go with the lining silk and velvet (for the pincushion top). I'm going to put the other paper as lining on the bottom of the outside of the casket and the large drop-in drawer. I'm going to make paper patterns that fit the inside of the drawers. Then I can make them fit perfectly before cutting into this beautiful marbled paper. It is amazing that I might actual make some progress in completing my casket.