Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Shabby Chic

My niece is having a baby and it's a girl to be named Avi.  I stitched the name and now I need to finish it into a pillow.  I had a piece of fabric that I thought would do to finish it.  But after I put the bands on the front, I realized that I don't have quite enough to do the whole pillow.

 So what to do?  Well, I used a strip from a jelly roll that I had to do the cording.  What do I do about the back?  Yet another fabric?  Then it would be sort of shabby chic style.  If I piece the cording fabric and the band fabric, I would have enough to do the back. I'm thinking . . . .

I got a lot done on the inside front of Indian Ink.  If I get this piece done, I can put the two pieces together.  That would be fun.

I got one more motif done on Friesland.  Just a corner and one motif to go on the main part.

I picked up this limited edition Just Nan off my sewing room floor.

I managed to find the floss and chart so I put some stitches in.  Then I realized why I quit working on this.  There is one more floss color that I need.  Also, this is the perfect color of linen but it is overdyed and too soft to work with.  Maybe I'll iron some starch into it.

I have to pack a few things today for my class this weekend.  Can't wait!
A

4 comments:

  1. Wow everything is looking so lovely...
    Sweet stitches xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you taking the class with Betsy this weekend? And which piece?. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pillow - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete