My niece is having a baby and it's a girl to be named Avi. I stitched the name and now I need to finish it into a pillow. I had a piece of fabric that I thought would do to finish it. But after I put the bands on the front, I realized that I don't have quite enough to do the whole pillow.
So what to do? Well, I used a strip from a jelly roll that I had to do the cording. What do I do about the back? Yet another fabric? Then it would be sort of shabby chic style. If I piece the cording fabric and the band fabric, I would have enough to do the back. I'm thinking . . . .
I got a lot done on the inside front of Indian Ink. If I get this piece done, I can put the two pieces together. That would be fun.
I got one more motif done on Friesland. Just a corner and one motif to go on the main part.
I picked up this limited edition Just Nan off my sewing room floor.
I managed to find the floss and chart so I put some stitches in. Then I realized why I quit working on this. There is one more floss color that I need. Also, this is the perfect color of linen but it is overdyed and too soft to work with. Maybe I'll iron some starch into it.
I have to pack a few things today for my class this weekend. Can't wait!