Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Smalls and Mail

Here are all the smalls to the Edinburgh Etui.  All done!  Hurrah!

I'm not as happy with the needle purse.  I think I could have done a better job in the finishing.  I should have trimmed the seam allowances closer to reduce the bulk on the flap.
 The green bead was not holding the case closed so I changed to a button.



I could take it apart and try again but I'm not in the mood to redo at the moment.

I got some Jackie kits in the mail!!


 I have the Indian Ink and the Case of India Ink projects in old copies of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly magazines.  What I didn't have (and really wanted) was the scrim that goes on the front of Indian Ink.  That just makes this project.  So I jumped at the chance to order the kit.  I got it in the mail yesterday.  I had to start it.  I wanted to see what the scrim looked like on the front of Indian Ink.  I love it!


I worked just a bit on the corner of Friesland.  Slowly but surely progress is being made.

I walked outside today!  Wow, it has been several months since I was able to do that.  I only fell once.  There was black ice by the bridge.  Luckily, I didn't fall hard and I didn't have very far to fall.  It was merely embarrassing.
A

3 comments:

  1. Hope you don't have any repercussions from the fall!!! The smalls are wonderful--I need to get cracking on mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the smalls are cute.
    Great next project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sweet treasure..
    Lovely goodies..
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete