Friday, December 19, 2014

Last Weekend Before Christmas

That's what they said on the radio as I was walking this morning, it is the last weekend before Christmas.  This month has gone so fast I can't believe it.  A couple of presents appeared under the tree last night.  Cool.  A friend sent me a couple of things that are just darling.  She knew I would love them.  I do.


Thank you Terry!
    
I've been at a loss as to what to work on.  I have so many things I would like to start or work on or finish.  I decided to go back to the Autumn Casket Keepsakes.  I am very proud of myself for getting the entire leaf done in detached buttonhole stitch.  It didn't take forever either.  Two days.

 Maybe I'm getting better at this.  So the next part to work on is the grapes.  I've got two grapes done - one in detached buttonhole stitch.  So far so good.  I'm going to keep working on this.  It has to be done by the time the Quaker Sewing bag comes in January.  But then I needed a break.  Something different.  So I picked up a small kit that I got at Haus Tyrol in Williamsburg.

It will be an easy stitch and it might even get done by Christmas.  I really like the other Barbara Jackson ornaments that I've made in past years.


They all seem to go together.  I am still working on the Shining Needle Society one but it going slowly.  I changed the writing so it wasn't up and down.


I am reminded that many people are dealing with difficult situations this time of year.  I am very grateful for all my blessings.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment